Monday, October 13, 2014

Walk for Rescues

Hi!!! 
Hall Mt Trailhead

My Laura got home early today and we went for a walk on the road. I prefer to walk in the woods, but it is getting dark faster and the trees make the trails even darker. We walked to the Hall Mountain Trailhead which is where we usually start hiking in Bear Brook State Park. It’s not that far away so I could just walk to the park but I like walking longer in the woods.

When we walked by some ponds that go right up next to the road, something big jumped in the water with a really loud splash! It was scary; both me and Laura jumped. I think it was a giant snappy turtle. I didn’t want to be anywhere around that and pulled Laura past the water. When we passed by again, Laura wanted to look for it but I said NO WAY!
C'mon Laura!
That was a scary noise. Let's leave!
No way!

This walk was also special because we fed a rescue dog! Well, we didn’t actually feed a dog YET, but we helped. Laura’s smartypants-phone maps our walks and the app has a sponsored Challenge: if people log one million miles of dog walks by October 28th, Purina is donating 10,000 meals for rescue dogs! This is really nice. I was a rescue dog so I like helping other dogs out while they are waiting for their homes.

We added 2.5 miles to the total today. So far there are 692,683 miles! There are 15 days left! Take your human for a walk and make sure they log onto Map My Fitness on the smartypants-phone. You might even be able to log it online if you don’t have one. Spread the word! Send out the Twilight Bark!




Bye!

~Frisco

No comments:

Post a Comment