Friday, June 27, 2014

No Moose on Moosilauke

Hi!!!

Visitor sign in
I hiked Mount Moosilauke with my Laura and my Moriah. It was my first big-mountain that went up high above the trees. We did not see any moose but we did find moose poop! (Laura note: Moosilauke is not named after moose.)
 
log-bark!
We started on the road that goes to the Moosilauke Ravine Lodge. Lots of people like it there because there were lots of cars parked along that road. The beginning was confusing because there weren’t always signs until you picked a trail and then you could find one a little later. Laura signed us in on the visitors log-bark and we continued on Gorge Brook Trail. I liked this trail.  There was water a lot and it didn’t get very steep. There was even a sign to tell you when there wasn’t going to be any more water!
Trail above tree line

When we got up high, it started getting colder and windy but there were still little trees to keep out some wind. Then all of a sudden there were no more trees and boy was the wind strong. Laura and Moriah got out their jackets and put their legs back on (humans have funny clothes). We got to the top of the mountain and took pictures in the wind. It was so pretty and you could see lots and lots of mountains all around! Someone also put a flag at the top and was always blown open. It was also busy up on the peak because it was lunch time and everyone was trying to find a spot out of the wind. It was colder up there than it was down low. I found a comfy spot in the rocks and had my Tail Mix. Yum!
On top of the world!
 

On the way down when we first got to the trees and just out of the wind, we met a group coming up. It was lots of pretty girls. They all said how cute, handsome, soft and fluffy I am AND how awesome I was for carrying my own pack. They loved me!
pretty girls
Here are more photos:


Created with flickr slideshow.




Bye!

Frisco

Mount Moosilauke
Elevation: 4,802 ft
Trails: Gorge Brook Trail

1 comment:

  1. Of course the pretty girls love you! You're so fluffy!

    ReplyDelete