Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Mount Tecumseh

Hi!!!

Here we go!
My first big-mountain this year was Tecumseh. It was also my first 4,000 footer where I carried my own backpack! For NH big-mountains, Tecumseh is usually considered the shortest at 4,003 feet. We left from the Waterville Valley ski parking lot so it was only a five mile hike. 
 
It was a good warmup hike for the beginning of the year.  Andrew and my Laura hiked this with me.  Andrew came on my very first big-mountain hike last year!  It was his first 4,000 footer, but he is now ahead of me since I only did 2 in 2013.  

Hi new camera!
 

Both Andrew and my Laura took photos for me.  Andrew used his phone and Laura had a new little camera that she was trying to figure out. Some stuff looks good but some stuff looks silly! (Laura note: It’s a GoPro which has a super wide angle that sometimes makes things look a bit distorted.)



my fan!
This is a nice hike for dogs.  There is lots of water to drink because the trail crosses Tecumseh Brook a few times for the first half.  Humans can go across rocks but I like plowing through. I met five dogs and lots of people. One lady coming down near the beginning with her neighbor’s dog was really nice.  She loved me.  
group selfie!
About halfway there is a little sign that points to a view from the ski slope.  It is pretty and you can see some of the valley and some other mountains like the Tripyramids.  


We had a snack break further up and I got some Tail Mix. I love Tail Mix! It is super tasty and super light. My Laura found it but she only lets me have some on hiking trips.  I want some now.
YUM!
Near the top the trail splits.  To the left is the short way on the Sosman Trail, but we went right to stay on the Tecumseh Trail.  That way we saw a different part on the way up and had a slightly shorter trip down.  There was a break in the trees for a little view on the way to the peak. 

It was very crowded on the summit.  It is very small with a narrow view.  There was a boy scout troop and some other people and two friends I met at the trail junction.  They liked me.  We had snack (more Tail Mix!) and took some photos.  There is only a cairn and a spike to mark the peak. 
My 3rd 4,000 footer!

It sort of rained a little bit on the way down but at least when we were back to the ski slope view the sun was out and the mountains were even prettier.  It was a good day!

Here are all my photos:


Created with flickr slideshow.


Bye!

Frisco

Mt Tecumseh
Elevation: 4,003 ft
Trails: Mount Tecumseh Trail, Sosman Trail
Distance: 5 miles
 

1 comment:

  1. Awwww, Frisco... you are adorable =) glad you had fun on your hike!

    ReplyDelete